Friday, May 8, 2015

Superhero Shenanigans

Have you ever  found yourself  in a pickle because you didn't have a  Superhero costume to wear to work?  Or have you ever had to do a quick wardrobe change because your husband was freaked out by your fake facial hair?  I figured you would say "no".  These Shenanigans only seem to happen in my household. 

Last week I attended a private viewing of the new Avengers movie with my company.  ( Working for an IT firm equals fun random geeky contest; which I  willingly participate in.)   At  first I had the idea as dressing up as Tony Stark.  I was going to wear a black wig, draw a on a mustache and wear one of my hub's blazers.  I even thought of wearing one of the lights I wear when I am running in the dark under my shirt.  It was all fun and games until I "weirded" my husband out with my fake mustache and goatee.  I must admit I did look like a creeper.  So, I had to think fast.  What other super hero could I dress up as? Could i dress up as Hulk?  How about Thor? Hmmm...Maybe, Black Widow.  Luckily for me I just so happened to have a gray wig (don't judge me) and a witch cape hanging around my house.

I purchased the wig and cape from a local pharmacy the day after Halloween for less than 10 dollars a pop  (I am pretty sure you aren't surprised by this). Or you can purchase a wig on Amazon.com. 
I cut out a circle from a red file folder and made the "X" out black electric tape. 
I wore some really cool leggins but you cant really see them in the picture.
I had the best natural prop out of all the contestants.  It actually stormed that day and I used it as my prop.  People enjoyed watching my gray hair and cape blow in the wind.  To make a long story short I won 3rd place in the costume contest.  Not too shabby for someone who threw a costume together.  Side note: check out the granny hair. I think I rocked the heck out of this style.


No comments:

Post a Comment