Saturday, May 9, 2015

Collard Kielbasa and Bean Soup

Every second Saturday of the month my hubs and I serve as captains at our church's soup kitchen. Each month we look forward to fellowship, food, and fun with our volunteers and the soup kitchen guest.  Today we made a delicious Collard Kielbasa and Bean Soup.  



I usually like to use fresh ingredients when i am cooking in my home, but sometimes we used canned goods for some of our dishes.  This time we used canned carrots, potatoes, and kidney beans. 


Above is a copy of the recipe that was left in the kitchen, but we always wing it.  We added leftover ham to the soup.  We also used way more than 1 Tbs of garlic powder, onion powder,red pepper.  The food testers (my hubs and some other volunteers) loved the soup.  The guest also loved it.  We had people who had 3 servings.  A few guys even brought their own to-go containers   












No comments:

Post a Comment