Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Smithsonian Through My Eyes

This past weekend the hubs and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary in Northern VA/ Washington D.C. We arrived in Arlington on Saturday night,  and woke up early Sunday morning to catch the metro to D.C.  That morning I reverted back to being a school girl waking up before dawn to pack my brown bag lunch, in anticipation of going on my class field trip.  

There is something arousing and nostalgic about museums. The excitement never fades. With each visit I embark on a new adventure, and become consumed by the smells, textures, sights and sounds of my environment.  



The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. –Saint Augustine


The Smithsonian Castle was our first stop.  



Globe Sculpture in Hirshhorn Sculputre Garden. 

This picture  was taken  in the Butterfly Habitat Garden.  I love the texture and color of this sign.  


Almost there, just a few more steps into we reached the National Gallery of Art. 

The Triceratops skull cast outside the Smithsonian Natural History Museum reminded me of Jurassic Park.

  
As I walked through the Butterfly Habitat Garden I recalled one of favorite Childhood stories, “The Secret Garden”.   I  became Mary Lennox, exploring my mystical  retreat. 

“A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in--what more could he ask? A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars.” - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables





No comments:

Post a Comment