Monday, March 16, 2015

Throwback Thursday: A Sneak Peak to a Motown Themed Party

This past weekend I had the pleasure of helping my aunt with my uncle's surprise Birthday party! 




What is a Motown party without vinyl? Don't worry, I will answer that for you! It's no party at all.  

As I was searching for Motown records I learned about their subsidiary labels. Who knew that thrifting could be so educational ?

You can do so much with a beautiful blank white canvas.




 
vase, string lights, hydrangeas, and 45 records.

So, I was thinking of a creative and classy way to personalize the party. My first thought was to do a banner similar to the one I did for my father in-law's 1950s themed party, but later realized that the banner would take away from the decor. I came up with the idea of paying tribute to him through his own record label, Patterson Records.  More details on this later.

                    
Not a Motown themed cake, but who cares?  This golf course cake is perfect for a golf lover, and super delicious. 


Motown tribute from the Soul Crooners.  They were amazing!!!! You really have to check these guys out.  Here is a link to their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandhill-SOUL-Crooners/1375935586000258

 I had to do a double take.  I was convinced Smokey Robinson was in the building. 



Me and the hub enjoying the festivities. (side note check out his bow tie, I tied it myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment