Thursday, June 18, 2015

Southern Inspired Birthday Dinner Party

Food, Friends and Fun...What's not to love about dinner parties? This past weekend was my favorite gig yet.  I was hired to cater and plan a surprise dinner party for my bestie. (yes, I said "bestie" and I  sometimes say " BFF" too...ha)


It dawned on me that I did not take pictures of the entrees, but here are some pictures of  the dessert and appetizers.

Fruit cups served in clear cups and Cajun Shrimp Mac and Cheese served in ramekins.


The house salad with gourmet tomatoes and maple pepper bacon was a huge hit.  It was served with a choice of Buttermilk Ranch dressing or Poppy Seed dressing. 


These bites of deliciousness came from  my sister's bakery.  Check her out at www.tiffaneeandcompany.com

When I was planning the party I came up with a few menu ideas.  Once we decided on a Southern themed menu it was easy for me to come up with styling ideas.  I thought a rustic feel would be great for this Southern Belle inspired dinner. 




I purchased a blank chalkboard banner from an awesome gal I follow on Instagram.  She is super talented and provides great customer service.  Check her out at www.etsy.com/shop/TheGlitterParty
My sister wrote out the "celebrate" because my handwriting can be pretty sketchy at times. 


I found these Mason Jars at Michael's a few weeks before the party.  I love the pop of color they provided. 


(The knife and fork in this picture look a little off, but I wanted to use this picture since it has the birthday girl's name .)I made place cards out of chalkboard tags that I purchased from Hobby Lobby.   Thank goodness her mom was there to help me with the seating chart. 

The birthday girl and her selfie stick making her entrance to Stevie Wonder's "Happy Birthday" song.



These are smiles of people enjoying great company and great food. 



Birthday girl and her boyfriend.



And what would a dinner party be without some good background music?  Here are just a few of the songs we listened to that evening.  

11 comments:

  1. This is the best thing ever!!!!!!! You captured every moment. 😍😍😍😍😍😍 thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome love the food choices and the set up great job!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks amazing! I can't wait until I have the pleasure of joining one of these events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiff. I think you might be having something in November...ijs

      Delete
  4. Amazing! The food looks so good and now I'm suddenly hungry lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tierra! If you think you are hungry now wait until you see the recipes I post next week.

      Delete
  5. Another great success!!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete